The default system that MemberSonic uses for sending welcome emails is your host PHP mail() function. If you have problems sending the welcome/login emails to your members using the PHP mail() function, you have the ability to change to the SMTP method.
NOTE: If your welcome emails are working properly then you do not need to use this feature.
- Select the Send using SMTP option by clicking on the checkbox.
- Enter your SMTP Server. This will usually look something like… mail.domainname.com (replace domainame.com with your actual domain name).
- Enter your SMTP Port. In most cases this will be 25, but please check with your hosting company.
- Enter your email username.
- Enter your email password.